You have no items in your shopping cart.
Innovative robust aluminium belay device.
Product description for Camp MATIK from our collection of Outdoor Sports & Fashion:
The assisted braking action of the Matik by CAMP derives from an innovative camming design that makes the device safer and easier on the climber, the belayer, the anchor and the rope.
Instead of using a blunt angle to pinch the rope abruptly when the cam is engaged, the Matik by CAMP is built so the cam rotates in and comes in line alongside rope before it captures the rope completely. This alignment allows a much larger contact area between the cam and the rope (this makes the device more rope friendly than other auto-blocking devices), and the slight amount of slippage that occurs as the cam rotates into place reduce the impact force of a fall. This means less force on the bodies of the climber and belayer, and on the anchor!
When lowering, the proprietary Anti-Panic system helps prevent one of the most common accidents occurring with the use of an auto-blocking device - losing control of the descent. The brake lever will automatically disengage causing the cam to automatically reengage if it is opened too quickly or if it is kept too far open where the speed of the descent can become unmanageable. This unique safety feature of the Matik by CAMP is particularly useful where there is little friction from rope drag between the belayer and the climber or during topdown descents where the Matik really delivers an unparalleled sense of safety and control.
Users will also instantly notice that the Matik by CAMP creates a very natural path for the rope that does not require looping or twisting of the rope during descent. Combined with the dynamic camming action that limits the impact of the fall, this more natural rope path helps to reduce wear and tear on the rope. Other distinguishing features of the Matik include a better method for inserting the rope that eliminates the possibility of clipping a carabiner to the device until it is completely closed.
Note: The assisted braking capability of the Matik by CAMP does not relieve belayers of the need to adhere to the basic principles of belaying and rappelling. It is imperative to be attentive to the climber’s progress and always keep control of the brake line.
- Field of application: Sports climbing
- A revolutionary belay-descender device with assisted braking that delivers unparalleled safety and control
- Gradual camming action reduces the impact force of a fall and decreases wear and tear on the rope
- Proprietary Anti-Panic system automatically blocks the rope if the user loses control of the descent
- Double-hinged lever and straight rope path make the descent feel very fluid and controlled
- Intuitive design eliminates the possibility of clipping a carabiner to the device if it is not completely closed
- Wide attachment hole allows the carabiner to rotate through the hole
- High-end manufacturing with hot-forged aluminum main body and precision-cast stainless steel for the critical components that come in contact with the rope
- Link to product video
- Rope diameter max: Single 8.6 - 10.2 mm
- ** Practical tip: ** The rope diameters are given for new ropes and in practice we recommend to use the Matik only with ropes from 9.8mm to use.
- Weight: 276 g
Material specifications for Camp MATIK
- Stainless steel
Savings opportunities at exxpozed.com
with us you can save quite a bit!
On current seasonal goods, like products whose price has not been reduced, you can also save money by using the payment methods Paypal or cash in advance. During the checkout process, you are reminded about current savings for the products in your shopping cart so you're guaranteed not to miss any of our discount offers!
For the chosen product, we offer a list of savings.
If no discount is displayed, then the displayed price already includes the maximum discount available for that item. This is especially true of already heavily discounted items from our outlet and SALE range. For these articles, further discounts are available only for owners of the eXXpozed loyalty card.